Accountant Generalist – Disbursements
Reports to: Controller
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The CRF Accounting Generalist – Disbursements performs a variety of functions related to the day to day accounting of the business primarily focused on the various cash disbursements activities. The position also assists with month end procedures and special projects as needed. Below is a listing of the main functions of this position:
- Process disbursements and related support (checks, ACHs, and wires)
- Manage deposits and related standard documentation
- Maintain accurate records for payable transactions and the posting journal
- Run reports from the accounting software to assist the department analyzing accounts
- Communicate with other departments on disbursement policies and procedures and provide any necessary training
- Process monthly credit card statements
- Monitor various balance sheet accounts and complete reconciliations
- Update schedules and maintain clean records
- Provide assistance with the month-end close process
- Document procedures
You’ll join a team focused on providing capital and opportunities to small business in underserved communities and will work closely with the many employees and teams. This position will report to the Controller.
Are you as passionate about supporting small business owners as we are?
You’re a tireless advocate for small business owners who is energized by providing stellar customer service that helps entrepreneurs succeed. You naturally develop strong relationships, which makes it easy for others to trust and value your guidance. You possess a knack for numbers which, in addition to your analytical skills, your knowledge and experience in accounting, and your understanding of small business lending combine to create a recipe for success. You’re excited by the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of small business owners on a daily basis and will work to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: You’re energized by delivering equal access to capital and by leveling the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and developing creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: You model behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. As a member of the CRF team, you’ll participate in and encourage the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan and promote intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and you’re comfortable engaging with a diverse variety of customers daily.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: You empathize with the customer and tirelessly advocate for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: You’re able to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and potential solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: You thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. You’re positive, energetic, articulate, and respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: You’re tech-savvy and view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of customer relationship management software, social media and communications platforms, and web-based applications.
- You have an Associates degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Two to five years accounting experience (or)
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Great Plains preferred but not required
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com