Accounting Generalist – Disbursements
Reports to: CRF Controller
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners
ABOUT THE POSITION
The CRF Accounting Generalist – Disbursements performs a variety of functions related to the day to day accounting of the business primarily focused on the various cash disbursements activities. The position also assists with month end procedures and special projects as needed.
The main responsibilities include:
- Belief, model, and support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Process disbursements and related support (checks, ACHs, and wires)
- Manage deposits and related standard documentation
- Maintain accurate records for payable transactions and the posting journal
- Run reports from the accounting software to assist the department analyzing accounts
- Communicate with other departments on disbursement policies and procedures and provide any necessary training
- Process monthly credit card statements
- Monitor various balance sheet accounts and complete reconciliations
- Update schedules and maintain clean records
- Provide assistance with the month-end close process
- Document procedures
- Belief in and practice of CRF’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion philosophy, modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning, and cross-cultural exchange
- Associate degree (A.A.) in Business, Accounting or related field
- Two to five years accounting experience (or)
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Great Plains preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting. While performing the duties of this job, specific activities require close vision with repetitive hand and finger motions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work alone and with others. Work around others. Customer/Public contact.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com