Reports to: Controller
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As an Accounting Manager, you’ll play a critical role in managing functions related to the accounting department while managing and mentoring team members. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an internal control structure associated with the needs of the business; for partnering with the rest of the Finance team on forecasting and budgeting; and for managing the audit and tax preparation duties for the organization. You will work very closely with the Small Business Loan Company (SBLC) team and with many of the business lines within CRF, including Loan Servicing, Risk, and with other external vendors. You will be an integral member of a team committed to the mission, vision and values of CRF.
Job duties include:
- Manage all accounting functions for CRF and CRF’s Small Business Lending Co. (SBLC)
- Develop and maintain an internal control structure appropriate for business needs
- Manage Annual Audit/Tax Preparation/Execution for CRF Inc.
- Partner with the Director of Finance on the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasting process
- Provide interpretations on new accounting pronouncements and model impact to ongoing financial results
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports
You’re a tireless advocate for small business owners who is energized by providing stellar customer service that helps entrepreneurs succeed. You naturally develop strong relationships, which makes it easy for others to trust and value your guidance. You possess a knack for numbers which, in addition to your analytical skills, your knowledge and experience in accounting, and your understanding of small business lending combine to create a recipe for success. You’re excited by the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of small business owners on a daily basis and will work to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: You’re energized by delivering equal access to capital and by leveling the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and developing creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: You model behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. As a member of the CRF team, you’ll participate in and encourage the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan and promote intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and you’re comfortable engaging with a diverse variety of customers daily.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: You empathize with the customer and tirelessly advocate for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: You’re able to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and potential solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: You thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. You’re positive, energetic, articulate, and respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: You’re tech-savvy and view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of customer relationship management software, social media and communications platforms, and web-based applications.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA welcome.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and five to ten years of experience in the financial industry or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex accounting concepts in a manner that different levels of the organization can understand. CPA required.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com