Associate General Counsel
Reports to: General Counsel
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Associate General Counsel will work closely with the General Counsel and leadership within the organization to provide legal counsel, interpretation, and advising on strategy in relation to contracts with Community Reinvestment Fund USA, Inc’s (CRF) partners, clients, and vendors. You will be the primary contact for business line leaders and department managers and internal departments within the organization, providing advice and expertise to help CRF meet its organizational goals, maintaining compliance with applicable laws and contracts, and addressing legal matters. You will work with outside legal counsel, external vendors, and internal partners throughout the organization. You will be an integral member of a team committed to the mission, vision, and values of CRF.
Job duties include:
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned business lines providing legal counsel, including the following:
- Work with business lines to draft/negotiate contracts, including with CRF customers, vendors, and partners
- Proactively work with business lines in identifying changes in the legal and regulatory landscape that impact CRF’s business and working in collaboration to adapt CRF’’s business model, including policies and procedures, accordingly
- Maintain a working knowledge of all operational and regulatory practices and legal requirements and provide trainings to business line staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside counsel to support business line objectives
- Draft, review, interpret, and provide legal counsel and training related to documentation and other communications for new initiatives, business products, policies and procedures, and other business ventures for CRF and CRF related entities
- Manage the contract and corporate transaction documentation and other records through the development and maintenance of a record-keeping management system
- Review and analyze industry trends to develop strategies to meet corporate/business line goals and achieve targeted metrics
- Maintain effective, professional working relationships with external partners including outside legal counsel and other third party vendors
- Develop and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal partners
You’re a tireless advocate for small business owners who is energized by providing stellar customer service that helps entrepreneurs succeed. You naturally develop strong relationships, which makes it easy for others to trust and value your guidance. You possess a knack for numbers which, in addition to your analytical skills, your knowledge and experience in accounting, and your understanding of small business lending combine to create a recipe for success. You’re excited by the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of small business owners on a daily basis and will work to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: You’re energized by delivering equal access to capital and by leveling the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and developing creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: You model behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. As a member of the CRF team, you’ll participate in and encourage the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan and promote intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and you’re comfortable engaging with a diverse variety of customers daily.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: You empathize with the customer and tirelessly advocate for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: You’re able to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and potential solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: You thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. You’re positive, energetic, articulate, and respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: You’re tech-savvy and view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of customer relationship management software, social media and communications platforms, and web-based applications.
Your Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor and licensed to practice law in order to provide counsel to CRF.
- Prefer 3-7 years of professional experience working in a law firm and/or an in-house legal department setting specifically working with contracts and commercial transactions.
- High level of comfort advising senior leadership team members and corporate board members, while building relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com