Business Development Officer
Department: Small Business Lending
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Small Business Lending
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners
ABOUT THE POSITION
CRF BDO is primarily responsible for prospecting and business development functions. Building a robust pipeline of SBA loans to meet and exceed revenue goals. Building of a strong and vast network of referral partners that provide lead generation on behalf of CRF’s SBA loan program. Developing other business as needed for consideration of other CRF loan programs and products from time-to-time as they fit into the Fiscal Year Sales Plan.
The main responsibilities include:
- Lead generation for 7a Loans
- Lead generation for Referral Partners and execution of Referral Partner Agreements
- Market development and/or account management with strong focus on customer service
- Managing the sales process, which entails identifying potential loan opportunities and users of CRF products, setting expectations with the borrower and internally to ensure the loan process runs smoothly and as expected.
- Selling CRF’s products and programs to potential and existing clients, maintain notes of all sales work in designated Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and in other reports as needed
- Assisting clients with screening loans against product terms, gathering loan/client information, inputting into CRF loan origination software, and issuing Letter of Interest
- Moving loan through CRF loan process from lead to underwriting to closing
- Working with the CRF Small Business Loan Team to close loans and consistently meet goals.
The position is also responsible for providing feedback to marketing on sales aides, strategies, market development programs and products needed to differentiate CRF and CRF’s products and programs to grow sales. Presentations will be made in large and small group settings in some cases employing virtual technology. As a part of the sales process the BDO will actively qualify prospects, develop sales proposals, develop client relationship and provide technical assistance. This position directly contributes to the overall growth, stability and profitability of CRF.
As a means of sharing market reconnaissance, assists with assessment of potential target markets for products, participating in product Development process in various roles, participating in Loan committee and various other internal committees as well as external organizations as a mean of networks. These duties are managed to not impact the successful completion of the primary function of product and service sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field.
- 3-5 years commercial loan origination experience and business development/sales experience or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge with and SBA loan focus and knowledge.
- Proven successful experience in market development and management of a quality customer experience; knowledge of SBA, credit, and bank regulatory policies, procedures, regulations, as well as general accounting.
- Has maintained solid relationships with key lending institutions within these markets and their geography.
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with executive level presentation skills is essential.
- Experience and desire to utilize a disciplined approach to sales, account management and region/market management.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills are required.
- Sales training is desirable but sales experience with demonstrable success is required.
- Must be a self directed with a strong focus on achieving results.
- Previous experience in target sectors such as manufacturing, food businesses, franchises a plus.
- Be a positive team player that can work within a team but is dedicated to outperforming individual loan goals.
- Interested in working a national non-profit that is focused on impact and external goals as part of its mission to drive capital into underserved communities.
GENERAL COMPUTER LITERACY
Be familiar with and a willingness to work with computer technology. Have an understanding of computer hardware, the abilities and limitations of computer software packages and how to within those limits. Intermediate level proficiency and experience with the Internet, using the intranet for prospecting research, computerized data bases for managing client relationships, and virtual meeting software. The following software: Microsoft Office, Word, Sharepoint and Excel.
Work alone and with others. Significant telephone work. Significant Customer/Public contact. Must be willing to travel frequently at least 25% of the time.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com