Business Lending Sales Support Specialist
Department: CRF Small Business Loan Company (SBLC)
Location: Minneapolis, open to remote candidates
Reports to: Regional Director of Business Development
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Business Lending Sales Support Specialist will play an essential role in the small business lending process at CRF USA, Inc. The Business Lending Sales Support Specialist must be organized, strategic and dedicated to furthering the mission of our organization. The Business Lending Sales Support Specialist will provide support to the Sales team by conducting and reviewing various reports required as part of the lending process. The Business Lending Sales Support Specialist will work to develop and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and will provide assistance with additional operational functions of the business line as needed.
The Business Lending Sales Support Specialist joins a dedicated and busy small business lending team that includes three members of the sales staff, two Regional Directors of Business Development and one Small Business Community Lender, and will work closely with the Credit staff, the Closing and Packaging staff and other departments throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with Sales and Credit staff to complete loan submission packages using CRF developed software, including completing initial transaction indicators regarding Debt Service Coverage and Net Disposable Income
- Pre- Screen Credit requests for Eligibility, Compliance, and assess information collected vs. information requested and provide initial feedback on quality of information received from external customers
- Drafting/sending letters of interest, calculating loan fees and costs, reviewing letters of interest, etc
- Submit loan packages to the CRF underwriting group via CRF developed software upon completion of review/feedback from the Sales staff
- Assist Credit Analysts with underwriting credit requests
Reporting and Administrative
Conduct, order, review and coordinate the following:
- Order – GIACT Background Checks, CAIVRS Checks, SAM Searches
- Conduct and Review – CRE Appraisals, Property Reports (BPO, Flood, O&E), Business Valuations, Environmental reports (questionnaire, RSRA, Phase 1/Phase 2)
- Coordinate – 4506c forms and order tax transcripts and work with borrowers as required by RDBDs
Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with CRF officers, management, staff, and external customers
- Management of various customer service situations that may occur during the sales process
Education and Certification(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or Finance, or related field.
- Three to five years of banking/loan processing experience – experience working with SBA loans is highly desirable
- Proven track record of managing various customer situations and issues that may occur during the sales process
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical individuals including the ability to develop a rapport quickly with small business customers via telephone
- Considerable knowledge of the loan and credit process
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
What We Offer
A collaborative working environment comprised of driven and highly-engaged individuals committed to the mission, vision and values of CRF. CRF is proud to extend its employees a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Health and dental insurance
- 403B and Roth IRA
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options
- 8 Federal Holidays plus 2 Floating Holidays
CRF USA, Inc. requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. As a condition of hire with CRF USA, Inc. candidates must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to an extension of an offer of employment. Accommodations will be considered for disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Please send resumes and cover letters to recruiting@CRFUSA.com
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
CRF is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.