Credit Analyst III
Reports to: Director of Credit and Business Operations
Working closely with CRF’s small business customers to successfully structure and finance loan transactions, with responsibility to underwrite SBA 7(a), and other CRF business loans. Utilizing your experience and dedication, this role will require review of loan packages, analyze financial statements using Spark, critically evaluate borrower’s projections, prepare credit presentations (write-ups), and provide support and guidance to less experienced staff, including peer reviews of their work, as needed. As part of these responsibilities, the position work closely with CRF Regional Directors of Business Development and small business borrowers throughout the United States to capture key information to assess SBA program eligibility, determine whether borrowers meet CRF credit policy, complete analyses of the key credit factors and risks and make credit approval recommendations. As the motivated and detail oriented professional we seek, you will also review and recommend action on loan modification requests, working with Loan Packaging/ Closing Team, and preparing regular monthly and ad hoc reports.
Underwrite assigned Loan Requests, including (70%):
- Determine whether transactions meet SBA, and CRF program eligibility requirements
- Work directly with Borrowers, Business Development, and Referral Agents to obtain additional information and clarification needed to complete credit analysis
- Prepare comprehensive written credit summaries/approval documents ensuring conformity with SBA/CRF policies and procedures
- Produce independent, supported financial analysis of the borrowing entities, affiliates, individuals and the commercial real estate property through financial statements, tax returns, projections and property operating statements
- Review and spread financial statements and tax returns using Spark
- Complete the Risk Rating assessment
- Review of key documents, such as property leases, property condition assessments, environmental reports and appraisals, personal and business credit reports, construction contracts and budgets.
- Assist with management and oversight of construction projects
- Work proactively to seek alternative solutions or credit structures when appropriate for loan requests.
- Present transactions for approval, respond to questions, obtain additional analysis and revise write-ups when necessary.
- Keep informed of industry trends related to select market segments served
- Form relationships across various departments while maintaining independence as a credit professional
Support Loan Approval Process, which includes: (10%):
- Edit/review of Loan write-ups for new loans, assuring they are complete and correct, and all required fields are properly completed, calculations are accurate and presented as required by policy.
- Assist in the pricing of new loans
- Draft commitment letters for approval by the Chief Credit Officer
- Assist in the preparation and review of loan modifications as needed. Also help prepare Commitment Letter modifications and extensions as directed.
Prepare management reports – credit and production (5%):
- Examples include: Monthly Loan Approval report; Weekly Transaction Review report; and other Weekly/monthly production reports
- Prepare ad hoc reports regarding credit and production when requested.
Examples include: Analysis of pipeline fallout; Analysis of industry concentrations; Default analysis of CRF portfolios; CRF operating performance metrics, and answer questions from key stakeholders.
Participate in routine credit management tasks and projects (10%):
- Conduct post-closing review of Loan files to assess quality of underwriting, loan packaging, loan closing, and loan funding
- Identify areas of improvement
- Work with Loan Closing and Packaging Specialists on special conditions precedent to closing and funding, as needed.
- Research and report on specific questions or industry issues
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with CRF officers, management and staff.
- Support Special Projects within the Small Business Lending Team as needed.
- Contribute to the overall growth, stability and profitability of CRF.
- Assist with training of Credit Team members as requested
- Represent the Credit Team by participating in various CRF Committees as requested
This position will be responsible for working within the guidelines of the compliance requirements that pertain to the Small Business Loan Company (SBLC) Loan Closing department. The SBLC Loan Closing department is responsible for monitoring and reporting on compliance objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 5- 10 years of experience, primarily in credit underwriting for small business and /or commercial real
estate loans. SBA underwriting experience is preferred.
- Seasoned knowledge of spreading financial statements and tax returns, cash flow and ratio analysis, projections, property operating statements, independent market research, commercial construction
budgets, appraisal valuation and environmental reports.
- Working knowledge of commercial loan structuring and documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and through written forms of communication
GENERAL COMPUTER LITERACY
Required intermediate to advanced level of proficiency and experience with:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook; CRM;
- Nationally known financial Statement analysis package, e.g., Spark, Moody’s Financial Analyst, Baker Hill, etc.
Preferred working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Project
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting. While performing the duties of this job, specific activities require close vision with repetitive hand and finger motions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above content is intended to describe the general type and level of work performed. Other work will be assigned in accordance with annual planning and operation plans. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Belief, model, and support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Awareness and support of the development and implementation CRF’s Strategic Plan.
- The ability to communicate effectively with Superiors, colleagues, and staff. Utilize Communication standards, channels, platforms and schedules. Such as branding guidelines, CRF’s intranet, etc.
- Participate in the continual revision and improvement of processes and procedures to enhance organizational growth.
- Understanding and adherence to the Compliance requirements for this position.
- Promote effective collaboration across the organization and network.
- Belief in and practice of CRF’s Diversity, Equity and inclusion philosophy. Modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange
What we Offer
- Health and dental insurance
- 403B and Roth IRA
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 10 Federal Holidays plus 2 Floating Holidays
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Reinvestment Fund USA, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CRF USA, Inc. requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. As a condition of hire with CRF USA, Inc. candidates must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to an extension of an offer of employment. Accommodations will be considered for disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. For the health and safety of our clients and employees, accommodations will not be considered for positions that require face to face interaction.
Candidates must reside in and be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.