Credit Analyst I
Department: Credit Department under Small Business Lending
Reports to: Director of Credit and Business Operations
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
ABOUT THE POSITION
CRF Credit Analyst I has the primary responsibility for reviewing, analyzing, and initial set up of SBA 7(a) and CRF business loans. As part of these responsibilities, the position works closely with CRF Business Development Team and small business borrowers to review loan packages for completeness, capture key information to assess initial SBA/CRF program eligibility, and complete set up of loan applications into CRF’s underwriting system. This position also assists the production team, as needed, with preparing credit summaries and modifications for review and approval.
- Evaluate loan applications for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting to underwriting
- Determine whether transactions meet SBA, and CRF program eligibility requirements
- Work directly with Borrowers, Business Development, and Referral Agents to obtain additional information and clarification needed to complete credit analysis
- Record and update basic loan information into CRF’s underwriting system
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports
- Initial spreading out of tax returns and financial statements for review/use by Senior Credit Analysts
- Order and do preliminary review of key documents, such as property leases, property condition assessments, environmental reports and appraisals, business valuations, personal and business credit reports, construction contracts and budgets and other 3rd party reports as needed
- Assist with industry, collateral, and other research as needed
- Assist with preparing loan modifications or change memos as needed
- Assist in researching and resolving updated information needs
- Form relationships across various departments while maintaining independence as a credit professional
Loan Approval Process
- Assist loan packaging process in coordinating or pursuing open items on loans
- Help prepare Loan Modifications and Commitment Letter modifications and extensions as needed
- Prepare/collect necessary documentation for loans requiring ILC approval and distribute to appropriate team members
- Assist with scheduling of ILC meetings as needed
- Conduct post-closing review of Loan files to assess quality of underwriting, loan packaging, loan closing, loan funding and identify areas of improvement
- Work with Loan Closing and Packaging Specialists on special conditions precedent to closing and funding, as needed.
- Research and report on specific questions or industry issues
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with CRF officers, management, and staff
- Support Special Projects within the Small Business Lending Team as needed
- Contribute to the overall growth, stability and profitability of CRF
- Assist with training of Credit Team members as requested
- Represent the Credit Team by participating in various CRF Committees as requested
You’ll join a team focused on providing capital and opportunities to small business in underserved communities and will work closely with the Director of Credit and Business Operations, Senior Vice President of Small Business Lending, the Sales team, the Closing and Packaging team, and the Community Solutions team. This position will report to the Director of Credit and Business Operations.
Are you as passionate about supporting small business owners as we are?
GENERAL COMPUTER LITERACY
Required intermediate to advanced level of proficiency and experience with:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Dynamics 365
Preferred working knowledge of:
- Nationally known financial Statement analysis package, e.g., SageWorks, Moody’s Financial Analyst, Baker Hill, etc.
You’re a tireless advocate for small business owners who is energized by providing stellar customer service that helps entrepreneurs succeed. You naturally develop strong relationships, which makes it easy for others to trust and value your guidance. You possess a knack for numbers which, in addition to your analytical skills, your knowledge and experience in finance, and your understanding of small business lending combine to create a recipe for success. You’re excited by the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of small business owners on a daily basis and will work to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: You’re energized by delivering equal access to capital and by leveling the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and developing creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: You model behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. As a member of the CRF team, you’ll participate in and encourage the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan and promote intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and you’re comfortable engaging with a diverse variety of customers daily.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: You empathize with the customer and tirelessly advocate for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: You’re able to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and potential solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: You thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. You’re positive, energetic, articulate, and respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: You’re tech-savvy and view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of customer relationship management software, social media and communications platforms, and web-based applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience in credit analysis for small business and/or commercial real estate loans
- Basic knowledge of spreading financial statements and tax returns, cash flow and ratio analysis, projections, property operating statements, independent market research, commercial construction budgets, appraisal valuation and environmental reports
- Working knowledge of SBA Loans and SBA SOP’s is beneficial
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and through written forms of communication
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com