Fund Intake Specialist
Department: Operations Center
Location: May be fully remote
Reports to: VP Operations Program Management
A Fund Intake Specialist is responsible for obtaining information from prospective lenders to meet the requirements for the seller and servicer of small business loans. Ensuring quality control (QC) process for lenders and Community Reinvestment Fund (CRF). Ensure loan package and supporting documentation are accurate and is complete for loan purchase submission.
It includes the following subparts: Lender QC and CRF processes that require review of documents for completion and communicate with lenders as needed.
The Fund Intake Specialist has an understanding of the mission of CRF and the role of a Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”), including our wholistic lending approach.
This position may be fully remote and will not require face to face client and/or staff interaction.
- Review all new incoming files to ensure minimum submission requirements are met, including verification and reconciliation of documents.
- Engage with multiple Originators within a particular program to ensure quality control for the sale/purchase of pooled loans
- Review due diligence checklists
- Cross reference loan purchase agreements
- Review underwriting memos and notify Master Servicer of review findings
- Initiate contact with lender to address any deficiencies in submitted loan documentation
- Manage the receipt, scanning and indexing of loan files or documents from internal departments, third party vendors or external business partners such as servicing companies
- Perform loan processing and servicing assignments as needed and directed
- Analyzes and inputs data into appropriate automated database systems
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Innovation & Creativity: Leverages design thinking to use technology to enhance operational processes, improve customer experience, and enhance business value across the enterprise. Demonstrates critical thinking skills in developing innovative solutions; is a creative problem solver.
- Business Process Optimization: Increases organizational efficiency by improving processes.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions, quickly, when necessary, based upon a mixture of analysis, input, research, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Results-driven Mindset: Holds oneself and others accountable for results; and provides recognition for achievements of peers.
- Strong Ethics and Values: Speaks truthfully; admits mistakes and does not misrepresent facts or events; protects confidential information. Actions and decisions reflect Guiding Principles and positive individual values, including commitment to combating systemic racism.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
- Minimum of two years work experience in a customer service role using customer relationship management or other databases
- Loan intake experience preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail is required
- Demonstrated attitude of customer service and support required
- Personal qualities of detail orientation, ability to manage multiple priorities, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must reside in and be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Belief, model, and support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Awareness and support of the development and implementation CRF’s Strategic Plan
- Effectively communicate with superiors, colleagues, and staff utilizing communication standards, channels, platforms and schedules such as branding guidelines, CRF’s intranet, etc.
- Participate in the continual revision and improvement of processes and procedures to enhance organizational growth
- Understanding and adherence to the Compliance requirements for this position
- Promote effective collaboration across the organization and network
- Belief in and practice of CRF’s Diversity, Equity and inclusion philosophy – modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange
What We Offer
A collaborative working environment comprised of driven and highly-engaged individuals committed to the mission, vision and values of CRF. CRF is proud to extend its employees a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Most positions offer flexibility for remote work
- Health and dental insurance
- 403B and Roth IRA
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 10 Federal Holidays plus 2 Floating Holidays
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CRF is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting. While performing the duties of this job, specific activities require close vision with repetitive hand and finger motions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
CRF USA, Inc. requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. As a condition of hire with CRF USA, Inc. candidates must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to an extension of an offer of employment. Accommodations will be considered for disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs.
CRF is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For further information, please visit www.crfusa.com.