Fund Program Manager
Department: Operations Program Management
Location: May be fully remote or hybrid/partially remote
Reporting to the VP Operation Program Management, the Fund Program Manager’s essential duties include fund program operations implementation/administration, stakeholder engagement, and knowledge management of fund administration for small business lending. Primarily accountable for managing the fund administration back-office activities, including fund accounting, financial reporting, net asset value calculation, capital calls, distributions, investor communications, and other functions carried out in support of an investment fund, which may take the form of a traditional private equity fund or other pooled investment vehicle.
Primary responsibilities will focus on program oversight of CRF investments to Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFI) and also includes monitoring of loan servicing metrics. The position will participate in the day-to-day functions related to Fund Management activities, ensuring that CDFI’s are properly on-boarded, ensure loan purchase compliance, and execution of cashflow activities.
The Fund Program Manager works with community stakeholders and CDFI’s to offer financial programs that address income and opportunity gaps, serve the small business ecosystem, and create vibrant communities. This support and the financial products we offer are focused on the creation of financial mobility for communities disenfranchised from traditional financial opportunities, particularly BI-POC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) and women entrepreneurs.
This position location may be fully remote or hybrid/partially remote. It will require occasional in-person interaction with clients, staff and/or other stakeholders, individuals and organizations.
Fund Program Operations
- Manage multiple programs to work independently in one of CRF’s target markets
- Calculation and payment distributions of principal and return (as required)
- Calculation of the total returns and other performance measures of the fund
- Payment of fund expenses
- Monitor, analyze, and report program performance metrics and data, collection
- Assess program effectiveness, identify issues that impact achievement and recommend solutions to realign the program, as needed
- Identify opportunities and challenges to scale programs effectively through the enterprise
- As needed, directly support high level program questions related to operations programs activities.
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to expand and grow relationship
- Drive and maintain continuous improvement in customer experience
- Engage with solutions team for potential adaptation of program strategy
- Represent CRF at conferences, on committees, and other collaborative organizations as needed
Internal Knowledge Management
- Manage historical program knowledge through governance of internal technology including SharePoint, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and other web-based applications.
- Contribute to knowledge management and knowledge sharing across the organization to increase efficiency in program administration and intuitional knowledge
The successful candidate will serve as a self-starter, and independent thinking to meet the daily priorities.
The above content is intended to describe the general type and level of work performed. Other work will be assigned in accordance with annual planning and operation plans. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of financial services experience, banking, or other financial services operations experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of loan experience, capital asset finance, and debt fund general ledger accounting preferred
- Strong project management skills, PMP certification preferred
- Strong business analytics skills, including the ability to interpret quantitative information
- Personal qualities of independent thinking, self-motivation, detail orientation, ability to manage multiple priorities, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills and expertise with fund accounting platforms required.
- Candidates must reside in and be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Strategic mindset: Can anticipate and prepare for various outcomes that may or may not occur and eventualities that might unfold as a tactical initiative is executed. Inclined to think strategically and often anticipate obstacles before they arise.
- Innovation & Creativity: Leverages design thinking to use technology to enhance operational processes, improve customer experience, and enhance business value across the enterprise. Demonstrates critical thinking skills in developing innovative solutions; is a creative problem solver.
- Business Process Optimization: Increases organizational efficiency by improving processes
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions, quickly, when necessary, based upon a mixture of analysis, input, research, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Change Leadership: Is a change leader, creating effective plans to promote change and knows how to execute in changing circumstances.
- Stakeholder Management Aptitude and a High Emotional Quotient: Demonstrates self-awareness, strong emotional intelligence and communicates effectively across interactions; gets work done through collaboration, positive influence, and effective communication.
- Results-driven Mindset: Holds oneself and others accountable for results; and provides recognition for achievements of peers.
- Strong Ethics and Values: Speaks truthfully; admits mistakes and does not misrepresent facts or events; protects confidential information. Actions and decisions reflect Guiding Principles and positive individual values, including commitment to combating systemic racism.
- Belief, model, and support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Awareness and support of the development and implementation CRF’s Strategic Plan
- Effectively communicate with superiors, colleagues, and staff utilizing communication standards, channels, platforms and schedules such as branding guidelines, CRF’s intranet, etc.
- Participate in the continual revision and improvement of processes and procedures to enhance organizational growth
- Understanding and adherence to the Compliance requirements for this position
- Promote effective collaboration across the organization and network
- Belief in and practice of CRF’s Diversity, Equity and inclusion philosophy – modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange
What We Offer
A collaborative working environment comprised of driven and highly-engaged individuals committed to the mission, vision and values of CRF. CRF is proud to extend its employees a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Most positions offer flexibility for remote work
- Health and dental insurance
- 403B and Roth IRA
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 10 Federal Holidays plus 2 Floating Holidays
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CRF is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Small organization leading and running an organization with big expectations and a big footprint. Mission-driven. Few systems in place. Team members are collaborative, assume-the-best, and are kind humans.
CRF USA, Inc. requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. As a condition of hire with CRF USA, Inc. candidates must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to an extension of an offer of employment. Accommodations will be considered for disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs.
CRF is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For further information, please visit www.crfusa.com.