Loan Servicing Generalist
Department: Loan Servicing
Reports to: Loan Servicing Manager
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Loan Servicing Generalist, you’ll play a critical role in assisting the Loan Servicing Team with administrative tasks related to the Contract Loan Servicing portfolio per established procedures and investor guidelines. You will possess a high level of competencies and characteristics to include time management, organization, the ability handle sudden shifts in assigned tasks, be able to work independently and collaboratively with the Loan Servicing team and other teams within and outside of the organization, possess excellent customer service skills, and the ability to freely assess and solve problems. You will be an integral member of a team committed to the mission, vision and values of CRF.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to internal and external customer requests received over the phone, email, fax, or in-person following stated Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Oversee weekly mail sorting and in-house deposits accurately and timely
- Manage returned mail following established procedures
- Print, stuff, and mail loan statements daily
Insurance, Taxes, Escrow
- Manage the input and tracking of lender paid insurance and property tax information
- Properly notify customers of Forced Placed home insurance and maintain records of the notifications, adhering to regulatory and compliance
- Oversee the insurance claim process for borrowers as needed
- Review and balance the insurance disbursement report monthly
Releases and UCC
- Generate and review monthly lien release report
- Prepare proper lien releases/satisfactions, accurately, and within the required guidelines
- Review UCC report on a monthly basis to determine which should be released and which to be continued
- Prepare proper lien releases/satisfactions, accurately, and within the required guidelines.
- Review provided information and investor guidelines related to the subordination request
- Prepare the subordination in a timely manner with strict adherence to the investor subordination policy requirements
- Organize and manage the subordination workflow using established tools
- Process subordination fees timely providing distributions to investors as needed
- Maintain an open line of communication regarding status and tracking with requestor/borrower as required
- Review and process credit disputes using E-Oscar
- Submit appropriate files/responses to the Credit Bureaus
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers and departments.
- Ensure response times to inquiries or correction requests are completed within the allotted time-frame stated in the SLA
Are you as passionate about supporting small business owners as we are?
You’re an enthusiastic advocate who is energized by providing stellar customer service that will help our customers, and CRF, succeed. You are empathetic and willing to go the extra mile, which makes it easy for others to trust and value your guidance. You possess a knack for detail and organization which, in addition to your strong communication skills, your knowledge and experience, your problem-solving abilities and creative approach to issue resolution combine to create a recipe for success. You’re excited by the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of both internal and external customers and will work diligently to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: You’re energized by delivering equal access to capital and by leveling the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and developing creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: You model behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. As a member of the CRF team, you’ll participate in and encourage the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan and promote intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and you’re comfortable engaging with a diverse variety of customers daily.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: You empathize with the customer and tirelessly advocate for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: You’re able to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and potential solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: You thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. You’re positive, energetic, articulate, and respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: You’re tech-savvy and view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of customer relationship management software, social media and communications platforms, and web-based applications.
- You preferably have an Associate degree or Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Up to three years of experience in loan servicing, credit, loan work-out, or underwriting for residential loans, small business and/or commercial real estate loans
- Experience with and a working knowledge of commercial / business loan documentation, collateral security documents including mortgages and UCCs, insurance, and loan modifications, as well as legal processes such as bankruptcy and foreclosure is desirable
- Familiarity with reviewing financial statements and loan structuring
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the CDFI industry is welcomed
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com