Product Manager, Connect2Capital Platform
Department: Community Solutions
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Program Strategy and Development
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Product Manager for the Connect2Capital Platform is responsible for leading the product and platform development process in an agile manner, continuously delivering value to our community of stakeholders including entrepreneurs, small business owners, community lending organizations, state and local public sector partners, and financial institutions. Connect2Capital is a unique national marketplace and online platform, developed and managed by CRF, that connects underserved small business owners to specialized resources and capital offered by our network of community partners. Connect2Capital is an established platform that results in hundreds of millions of dollars being deployed to thousands of small businesses across the country each year. Looking ahead, CRF seeks to augment the capital access programs on the platform with additional business support resources including mentorship and coaching, specialized advisory services, connections to small business contract opportunities and procurement programs, and more.
The Product Manager will play a critical role in identifying new product opportunities, translating those opportunities into product requirements, and working with the C2C development team to deliver new functional enhancements.
The Product Manager joins a team focused on the growth and expansion of the Connect2Capital Program including the Vice President of Program Strategy and Development, the Chief Impact Officer, the Director of Marketing, the Senior Digital Marketing Strategist, the C2C Program Manager, the C2C Principal Architect, and the Senior Impact Program Manager. This position will report to the Vice President of Program Strategy and Development.
The successful candidate will be a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales, and who is driven by the opportunity to build products that create real impact for communities and families across the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify market opportunities and maintain a detailed and prioritized roadmap for the next 12 months while defining the strategic direction of your platform over the next 2-3 years
- Lead customer discovery and synthesize market needs from interviews with customers and research into product requirements. There will be a heavy emphasis on customer interactions to uncover pain points and risks, making trade-offs that drive product direction
- Have a clear understanding of the impact of Connect2Capital product on the primary customer segments and the business impact of the platform to CRF
- Launch features a regular basis to support a wide range of acquisition channels
- Experiment aggressively to maximize the rate of improvement in conversion funnel
- Engage closely with the technology team to in sprint planning and help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule
- Create and articulate a compelling vision, strategy, and roadmap for credit-based solutions based on customer-driven learning and iteration. Get alignment from cross-functional team members and executives for your vision and strategy
- Form a product advisory council that can be leveraged for research and design purposes, and act as a champion for the platform
- Regularly conduct user research with all stakeholder audiences including entrepreneurs and small businesses, community lenders, public and private sector partners, and financial institutions
- Design product Alpha/Beta programs and serve as the first line of triage for new field product issues for these programs.
- Define product metrics, objectives, and key results to help guide, prioritize, and measure the success of the strategy, product
Education and Certification(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Communications, or related field OR equivalent experience and training
- Product Management, UX, and other certifications are a plus
- 3-5 years software product management experience
- Track record of building a successful product testing methodology. The ideal candidate has already run dozens of A/B tests and is comfortable leading the creation of an experimental backlog
- Experience leading the delivery of products / features / projects which have a high degree of cross-functional complexity and integration
- Experience working with quality systems teams by leveraging Agile development methodology to govern product build and release process.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of full funnel conversion best practices (e.g. distribution strategies, funnel conversion, operational go-to-market).
- Experience building online finance products, and/or knowledge of the small business finance market
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Passion and aptitude for credit and financing-related economic concepts
- A knack for system thinking and an understanding of how to build platform products that empower others to build amazing experiences
- Created best-in-class interfaces that enable users to navigate complexity
- Experience defining and driving product and go-to-market strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Knowledge of the community and economic development industry is a plus
- Experience working in a multi-locational organization
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: Energized by the desire to deliver equal access to capital and level the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and develop creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: Modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. Participation in and encouragement of the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan, and promotion of intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Comfortable interacting with a diverse variety of customers on a daily basis.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: Builds deep empathy for the experience of the customer and tirelessly advocates for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: Ability to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: Thrives in fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. Positive and energetic. Articulate. Respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: Must view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of product management tools, prototyping tools, analytics tools, and other relevant research, testing, and implementation resources.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to recruiting@CRFUSA.com