Department: Community Solutions
Location: Flexible; Upper Midwest preferred
Reports to: Director of Program Strategy
The Program Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day duties of assigned programs which includes managing all program communication and networking between internal CRF departments, program participants, community stakeholders, and local governmental entities. The Program Manager is directly responsible for the implementation of key program impact metrics, collection and reporting of program data, and ongoing market reconnaissance which evidences progress of program goals to senior management. The Program Manager will monitor and oversee program compliance and uses SWOT analysis for ongoing assessment of program and related market activities to identify issues preventing impact achievement and provides solutions to realign program activity as necessary.
The Program Manager joins our Community Solutions team focused on the management, scaling, and replication of a technical assistance program and product focused creating financial mobility for community disenfranchised from traditional financial opportunities, particularly BI-POC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) and women entrepreneurs. The Program Manager’s activities will focus on, but is not limited to, the general contractor building industry.
The position is responsible for the following functions: Program Implementation/Administration, Stakeholder Engagement and Internal Knowledge Management
The successful candidate will serve as a self-starter, who is able take on the responsibility of managing multiple programs to work independently in one of CRF’s target markets; guide the organization toward continuous improvement in meeting organizational goals and customer expectations; build and maintain relationships internally and externally; focus on community outcomes; and collaborate with others to constantly adapt CRF’s business development strategy to changing customer needs.
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: Energized by the desire to deliver equal access to capital and level the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and develop creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: Modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. Participation in and encouragement of the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan, and promotion of intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Positive Presence and Self-Starter: Thrives in fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. Positive and energetic. Articulate. Respectful.
- Quick Learner and Dedication to Knowledge Management: Ability and willingness to learn and apply new concepts. Ability to adapt strategy based on learnings and course-correct as necessary. Diligence in sharing knowledge with organization to keep others abreast of learnings and develop institutional knowledge.
- Effective Communicator: Proficient written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak in a wide variety of settings, to a wide variety of audiences. Focused on internal and external customer service. Translate data into simple, powerful messages to communicate impact and progress towards program goals with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A Pulse for Program Evaluation: Ability to advocate for iterative evaluation when collaborating with internal and external partners. Guided by community voice to ensure impact metrics and overall program strategy never falters from mission.
- Compliance Minded: Understanding of and adherence to the compliance requirements for the business line owned by this position.
- Technology Proficiency: Must view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of lending and financial software, and how these systems can be optimized to support organizational priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers programs according to budgets and program work plan to deliver impact in alignment with CRF’s mission, goal, and strategic plan.
- Interprets and controls program metrics to achieve impact goals by collaborating with internal and external partners.
- Continuously analyzes program policies and procedures to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies opportunities and challenges to scale programs effectively in market and across new geographies or industries
- Engages collaboratively with Operations and Impact teams to ensure program evaluation steps is connected with organizational Theory of Change and community impact goals
- Oversees program compliance and troubleshoots program execution challenges including the adjustment of internal and external program guidelines using technical and compliant industry knowledge.
- Administers and monitors program partnership agreements and contracts, with input and direction from CRF leadership.
- Oversees contractors if assigned in accordance with CRF policy and procedure.
- Coordinates external stakeholders to increase engagement along with program impact within the targeted market
- Promotes program within assigned market to ensure program deployment and increased program market saturation.
- Maintains working relationships with program participants, supportive organizations, and local government agencies.
- Stays updated on program related trends within in key markets and shares with Community Solutions team for potential adaptation of program strategy accordingly
- Participates as representative of CRF at conferences, on committees, and other collaborative organizations as needed.
Internal Knowledge Management
- Manages historical program knowledge through governance of internal technology including SharePoint, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and other web-based applications.
- Contributes to knowledge management and knowledge sharing across the organization to increase efficiency in program administration and intuitional knowledge
- This position will be responsible for working within the guidelines of the compliance requirements that pertain to the Community Solutions department. The Community Solutions department is responsible for monitoring and reporting on compliance objectives.
Education and Certification(s)
- Bachelor’s degree; vocational degree in the building construction trades; or GED with a minimum of five years direct general construction experience OR equivalent experience and training
- Demonstrated capacity to work with multiple stakeholders
- Capacity to work with tight deadlines
- One to three years managing relationships with non-profits, banks, or government agencies
- Direct knowledge of legal and operational aspects of business lending, business advising, and program development
- Demonstrated experience related to improving entrepreneurs through programs
- Experience working in a multi-locational organization
- Strong background focusing on trades, general construction, and/or development
- Three years of experience working with small businesses especially with general contractors, trades organizations, and/or developers
- Knowledge of the CDFI industry
Who We Are
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to communities across the country, in order to generate greater investment in the communities that need it most.
What We Do
Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
How We Help
Together with its partners – including community leaders, nonprofit lenders, financial institutions, foundations and more – CRF is creating new strategies and technologies that build stronger local economies, create jobs and support economic mobility.
CRF’s key product lines are:
- Small business lending, including Small Business Administration 7(a) program loans and other lending products
- Contract Loan Servicing, including single family mortgage, affordable housing, business loans and investor and fund reporting
- Capital Markets, including New Markets Tax Credits and the CDFI Fund’s Bond Guarantee Program
- Technology Services, including a loan origination system and an online loan marketplace
CRF has created measurable, transformative community impact since its inception in 1988. Key accomplishments include:
- $3 billion in financing
- Over 4,000 loans to small businesses
- Over 134,000 jobs created or retained
- Serving close to 2 million people
- Impacting over 1,000 communities
CRF believes in delivering equal access to level the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and development creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities. CRF does this in three ways each connected and building upon the other –
- supporting mission-driven organizations with capital to build capacity and increase efficiency,
- strengthening communities by supporting the local finance ecosystems that empower individuals to thrive,
- creating systems change by transforming the flow of capital so that access and opportunity are distributed more equitably in communities across the country.
CRF’s ten-year impact target strives to impact more than 1,000,000 lives with more than $1 billion in capital deployed annually by 2027. CRF’s Fiscal 2018-2022 Strategic Plan, which launched in October 2017, sets us on an exciting path and lays out a set of intermediate term goals for achieving this vision.
What We Offer
A collaborative working environment comprised of driven and highly-engaged individuals committed to the mission, vision and values of CRF. CRF is proud to extend its employees a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Health and dental insurance
- 403B and Roth IRA
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options
- 8 Federal Holidays plus 2 Floating Holidays
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CRF USA, Inc. requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. As a condition of hire with CRF USA, Inc. candidates must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to an extension of an offer of employment. Accommodations will be considered for disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Candidates must reside in and be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
CRF is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For further information, please visit www.crfusa.com.