Risk & Business Controls Intern
Department: Operations Center
Location: Minneapolis (in office)
Your role in this department will support Community Reinvestment Fund USA (“CRF”)’s mission through assisting with setting up the Third-Party Management platform. You will work closely with the Director of Risk & Business Controls, as well as interact with individual contributors and leadership across the organization.
The Risk & Business Controls Intern position plays an essential role in assessing and monitoring CRF’s third-party vendor risk management. This role will assist CRF in increasing vendor security by documenting segmented potential risks such as cybersecurity, compliance, reputational, financial and operational risk categories.
The ideal candidate will be local to the Minneapolis area and be able to work in CRF’s headquarters. There may be opportunities to also work remotely periodically, based on business needs.
Projected start date is early October 2022, with a flexible work schedule of 5 – 15 hours per week for 12 weeks or a total of 120 hours. This position pays $17 per hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities primarily consist of assisting in the gathering/compiling, vetting, and entering of third-party vendor contracts and contact information in CRF’s third-party vendor management system
- Work closely with business line leads on a day-to-day basis to collect vendor contracts and contact information
- Assist with planning and developing the vendor management policy, program and procedures
- Help establish vendor selection and contract negotiation processes
- Enter the third-party vendors into the vendor management systems
- Assist in setting of procedures to monitor vendor risk even after the vendor contract is executed
- Maintain the database of pertinent risk information pertaining to third parties, and community this data to the Director of Risk & Business Controls
- Other potential duties and responsibilities may include data entry into CRF’s Process Risk Control tool
- Current student in college; preferably a rising senior or in an advanced degree program
- Ideal areas of study include accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, business or other related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Pivot Tables, AutoFilters and other functions would be helpful but not required
- Ideal attributes include ability to manage deadlines, excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and efficiently, exceptional attention to detail, and flexibility
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
CRF is a national leader in community lending for small businesses, community facilities (non-profits), affordable housing, economic development projects, and contract loan servicing for community lenders. We are a growing, entrepreneurial, non-profit organization working toward providing a positive impact through community job growth. We are a mission-driven company focused on making a difference in underserved communities by delivering access to capital via a portfolio of financial solutions.
CRF is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CRF requires all employees and contractors be vaccinated for COVID-19. As a condition of hire with CRF, candidates must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to an extension of an offer of employment or contract. CRF’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy contemplates the possibility of reasonable accommodations for disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To learn more about how CRF makes a difference in communities across the United States, visit our website at www.crfusa.com.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com