SBA and Commercial Loan Specialist
Department: Loan Servicing
Reports to: Loan Servicing Manager
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The SBA and Commercial Loan Specialist is responsible for the review, boarding of loans, maintenance and modification of SBA loans as needed; reporting requirements for the SBA and commercial loan portfolio; processing of loan disbursements for SBA loans and other commercial lines of credit; execute releases for the commercial loan portfolio; duties related to our Detroit Home Mortgage/CCP portfolio; customer service; quality control review of consumer loan boarding and modification updates; and other duties related to the loans serviced per contract. The employee holding this position reports to the Loan Servicing Manager and may be required to provide back-up as needed to the Loan Servicing Department and/or perform tasks as requested cross-departmentally
SBA Loan Portfolio
- Board SBA and participation loans within stated SLA timeframe
- Review calculations and approve payoff requests for SBA loans
- Process SBA loan sales ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and proper distribution
- Review SBA loan portfolio to ensure prime rate changes are reflected accurately as they occur and process corrections as needed
- Update SBA loans per modification agreements
- Process the monthly 1502 reporting adhering to timeframe requirements
- Complete the SBA 172 Form as required
- Request, review, and update SBA insurance per stated requirements
- Initiate and monitor the custom SBA status codes as needed
- Prepare SBA transcripts as requested
- Perform commercial releases for all SBA
- Review and process UCC continuations monthly
Commercial and DHM/CCP Loan Portfolio
- Board commercial loans within stated SLA timeframe
- Process collateral releases for commercial loans within the stated SLA timeframe
- Process loan disbursements for SBA loans, Micro Lines of Credit, and any other commercial loans as requested
- Review provided loan packet for loans following the procedures – review for completeness and accuracy, reaching out as necessary to gather needed information
- Draw request review and remit funds to borrower
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure program efficiency and effectiveness
Reporting and Investor Remittance
- Process daily remittance
- Maintains working relationship with internal and external customers, outside vendors and agents
- Answer phone calls and respond to Loan Servicing emails received during assigned timeslot
You’ll join a team focused on providing capital and opportunities to small business in underserved communities and will work closely with the many employees and teams. This position will report to the Loan Servicing Manager.
Are you as passionate about supporting small business owners as we are?
You’re a tireless advocate for small business owners who is energized by providing stellar customer service that helps entrepreneurs succeed. You naturally develop strong relationships, which makes it easy for others to trust and value your guidance. You possess a knack for numbers which, in addition to your analytical skills, your knowledge and experience in finance, and your understanding of small business lending combine to create a recipe for success. You’re excited by the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of small business owners on a daily basis and will work to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: You’re energized by delivering equal access to capital and by leveling the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and developing creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: You model behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. As a member of the CRF team, you’ll participate in and encourage the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan and promote intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and you’re comfortable engaging with a diverse variety of customers daily.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: You empathize with the customer and tirelessly advocate for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: You’re able to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and potential solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: You thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. You’re positive, energetic, articulate, and respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: You’re tech-savvy and view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of customer relationship management software, social media and communications platforms, and web-based applications.
- 2-3 years of loan servicing experience and general knowledge of the rules and regulations in the banking industry.
- Ideal candidate will have SBA loan servicing experience, be able to work in a collaborative environment, have self-initiative, and work well without constant supervision. Must have excellent communication skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com