Small Business Customer Experience Manager, Connect2Capital Platform
Department: Community Solutions
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Small Business Customer Experience Manager for the Connect2Capital Program is responsible for ensuring that all small business owners interacting with the Connect2Capital brand have an excellent customer experience. Connect2Capital is a unique national online marketplace, developed and managed by CRF, that connects underserved small business owners to specialized resources and capital offered by our network of community partners. Our community partners have a primary mission of providing capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities and to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Connect2Capital plays a transformational role in helping small business owners find responsible loan options, business coaching and support services, and other resources they need to grow and thrive. The Small Business Customer Experience Manager fills a critical role in helping guide our small business customers to the resources they need, and will be the primary position maintaining the brand voice and promise of Connect2Capital. This individual will be responsible for customer service, content development including tools and resources for small business owners, brand management, relationship management, research and strategy development, and informing the Connect2Capital product roadmap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Small Business Owner Customer Experience
- Reach out to all small business applicants on Connect2Capital to conduct a brief needs assessment and help connect them to appropriate resources
- Provide full-time phone and email customer support during business hours for small business applicants on Connect2Capital
- Continuously gather feedback from small business owners to identify opportunities for improvement, and new feature development
- Develop and maintain suite of tools and resources for small business owners to be made available on Connect2Capital website
- Represent the voice of the customer at all times
Marketing and Communications
- Develop content strategy to highlight successes of our small business owners on the platform and contribute to Connect2Capital brand marketing
- Develop content calendar and product original content including newsletters, articles, blogs, and social media content
- Conduct webinars about relevant content (how to develop a business plan, what to consider when seeking financing, how to automate email marketing, etc) to highlight Connect2Capital as a resource for small business owners
Analysis and Reporting
- Review platform statistics and pipeline to identify bottlenecks and potential areas of improvement
- Develop regular and ad-hoc performance reporting for a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Product Development and Process Optimization
- Continuously monitor marketplace performance and identify product gaps and opportunity areas
- Participate with design and development team to inform product roadmap and development backlog
- Initiate product development and enhancements in an effort to promote growth and address customer needs
Education and Certification(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Communications, or related field OR equivalent experience and training
- Three to five years of experience in small business and entrepreneurship or related sector
- Experience with direct-to-customer product or service delivery
- Understanding of small business owner experience – business planning, marketing, financing, etc
- Experience developing content for multi-channel marketing including blogs, articles, social media, and newsletters
- Demonstrated track record of developing key performance indicators and enacting a plan to drive progress
- Knowledge of the CDFI industry is highly preferred
- Experience working in a multi-locational organization
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: Energized by the desire to deliver equal access to capital and level the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and develop creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: Modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. Participation in and encouragement of the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan, and promotion of intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Comfortable interacting with a diverse variety of customers on a daily basis.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: Builds deep empathy for the experience of the customer and tirelessly advocates for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: Ability to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: Thrives in fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. Positive and energetic. Articulate. Respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: Must view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of product management tools, prototyping tools, analytics tools, and other relevant research, testing, and implementation resources.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CRF is a national non-profit with a local heartbeat. As a non-profit, not only are we community centric, we’re community vested. Our staff members volunteer with local causes and participate in neighborhood events that they’re passionate about. We believe that serving the community means working side by side with the people who make these communities great and more importantly, the best way to understand their needs.
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to recruiting@CRFUSA.com