Small Business Customer Success Manager – Connect2Capital Program
Department: Community Solutions
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports to: Vice President, Program Strategy & Development
Small Business Customer Success Manager Function:
As the Small Business Customer Success Manager, you’ll play a critical role in guiding our small business customers to the resources they need and will be the primary position maintaining the brand voice and promise of Connect2Capital. You will be responsible for customer service, content development including tools and resources for small business owners, brand management, relationship management, research and strategy development, and informing the Connect2Capital product roadmap.
Small Business Owner Customer Experience
- Reach out to all small business applicants on Connect2Capital to conduct a brief needs assessment and help connect them to appropriate resources
- Provide full-time phone and email customer support for small business applicants on Connect2Capital
- Continuously gather feedback from small business owners to identify opportunities for improvement, and new feature development
- Develop and maintain suite of tools and resources for small business owners to be made available on Connect2Capital website
- Represent the voice of the customer at all times
Marketing and Communications
- Develop content strategy to highlight successes of our small business owners on the platform and contribute to Connect2Capital brand marketing
- Develop content calendar and produce original content including newsletters, articles, blogs, and social media content
- Conduct webinars about relevant and engaging content (how to develop a business plan, what to consider when seeking financing, how to automate email marketing, etc.) to highlight Connect2Capital as a resource for small business owners
Analysis and Reporting
- Review platform statistics and pipeline to identify bottlenecks and potential areas of improvement
- Develop regular and ad-hoc performance reporting for a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Product Development and Process Optimization
- Continuously monitor marketplace performance and identify product gaps and opportunity areas
- Participate with design and development team to inform product roadmap and development backlog
- Initiate product development and enhancements in an effort to promote growth and address customer needs
You’ll join a team focused on the growth and expansion of the Connect2Capital Program including the Vice President of Program Strategy and Development, the Chief Impact Officer, the Director of Marketing, the Senior Digital Marketing Strategist, and the Nonprofit Partner Community Manager. This position will report to the Vice President of Program Strategy and Development.
Are you as passionate about supporting small business owners as we are?
You’re a tireless advocate for small business owners who is energized by providing stellar customer service that helps entrepreneurs succeed. You naturally develop strong relationships, which makes it easy for others to trust and value your guidance. You’re experienced in marketing and communications, knowledgeable in finance and/or small business development, and tech-savvy. You’re excited by the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of small business owners on a daily basis and will work to maintain customer loyalty and build brand awareness. Ultimately, as the Small Business Customer Success Manager, you’ll own the end-to-end customer experience of small business owners on Connect2Capital; and you think that this responsibility is exhilarating.
- Model and Support of CRF’s Mission, Vision and Values: You’re energized by delivering equal access to capital and by leveling the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and developing creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities.
- Belief in CRF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Philosophy: You model behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange. As a member of the CRF team, you’ll participate in and encourage the CRF DEI Committee’s learning plan and promote intercultural competence and CRF Values.
- Effective Communicator: You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and you’re comfortable engaging with a diverse variety of customers daily.
- Obsessive about Customer Experience: You empathize with the customer and tirelessly advocate for new ways to create value and address customer needs.
- Creative Problem Solver: You’re able to identify challenges or impediments to success, articulate the problem and potential solution clearly to galvanize support, develop a course of action, and execute.
- Positive Presence: You thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency. You’re positive, energetic, articulate, and respectful.
- Technology Proficiency: You’re tech-savvy and view technology as a critical part of the organization’s success and have a solid understanding of customer relationship management software, social media and communications platforms, and web-based applications.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Three to five years of experience in small business and entrepreneurship or related sector
- Experience with direct-to-customer product or service delivery
- Understanding of small business owner experience – business planning, marketing, financing, etc
- Experience developing content for multi-channel marketing including blogs, articles, social media, and newsletters
- Demonstrated track record of developing key performance indicators and enacting a plan to drive progress
- Knowledge of the CDFI industry is highly preferred
- Experience working in a multi-locational organization
Who We Are
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to communities across the country, in order to generate greater investment in the communities that need it most.
What We Do
Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
How We Help
Together with its partners – including community leaders, nonprofit lenders, financial institutions, foundations and more – CRF is creating new strategies and technologies that build stronger local economies, create jobs and support economic mobility.
CRF’s key product lines are:
- Small business lending, including Small Business Administration 7(a) program loans and other lending products
- Contract Loan Servicing, including single family mortgage, affordable housing, business loans and investor and fund reporting
- Capital Markets, including New Markets Tax Credits and the CDFI Fund’s Bond Guarantee Program
- Technology Services, including a loan origination system and an online loan marketplace
CRF has created measureable, transformative community impact since its inception in 1988. Key accomplishments include:
$2.4 billion in financing – loans in 49 states and DC – 2,000 loans to small businesses – 85,000 jobs created or retained – 19,088 affordable housing units – 1.8 million people served with our products and services
CRF believes in delivering equal access to level the economic playing field, providing opportunities for people to succeed, and development creative financing solutions that transform lives and communities. CRF does this in three ways each connected and building upon the other –
1) supporting mission-driven organizations with capital to build capacity and increase efficiency,
2) strengthening communities by supporting the local finance ecosystems that empower individuals to thrive,
3) creating systems change by transforming the flow of capital so that access and opportunity are distributed more equitably in communities across the country.
CRF’s ten-year impact target strives to impact more than 1,000,000 lives with more than $1 billion in capital deployed annually by 2027. CRF’s Fiscal 2018-2022 Strategic Plan, which launched in October 2017, sets us on an exciting path and lays out a set of intermediate term goals for achieving this vision.
Full job description here.
Please send resumes and cover letters to humanresources@CRFUSA.com