Location: Minneapolis, open to remote candidates
Reports to: Communications Manager
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Storyteller is a creative thinker with excellent writing skills who is responsible for drafting original content to be used across several mediums, including, but not limited to newsletters, reports, grant and sales proposals, social media, website content, etc. This content will effectively and creatively share information about Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) with multiple and unique audience segments. The Storyteller will lead research efforts and interviews with internal and external sources to support all materials created. This position also will stay updated on appropriate style and sourcing guidelines and brand voice to ensure consistency in messaging. Lastly, the Storyteller will also provide general marketing support as needed.
The successful candidate will be able to bring about strategic change within the organization, to meet organizational goals; lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals; lead efficiency and effectiveness enhancements to meet organizational goals and customer expectations; and build relationships internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop written content to be used across several external mediums, including, but not limited to newsletters, reports, proposals, social media, website content, etc.
- Develop written content to be used across several internal mediums, including, but not limited to newsletters, emails, presentations, etc.
- Develop content to support lead generation strategies and brand position; maintain content calendar and manage implementation.
- Manage the content creation process from initial drafting, through review, and publication.
- Identify existing research that can be used to help CRF tell its story.
- Assist marketing team in determining communication strategy
Grant Proposal Writing
- Lead grant proposal and reporting content creation efforts
- Meet with other project leads to determine content strategy and framework
- Manage the review process of content used in proposals and reports and distribute to all reviewing parties
Communication and Collaboration
- Reports to and collaborates with marketing department to set organizational communication goals and strategy
- Work directly with business line leads to develop customized written content that shares their story with various audiences both internally and externally
- Facilitate meetings and interviews with internal and external sources to create original content
- Work with Marketing Specialist to identify content experts and interviewees
Education and Certification(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or related field and three years marketing, public relations or communications experience. Candidates without a degree in these fields but have relevant experience will also be considered
Experience and Skills
- Three to five years of marketing, public relations, or communications experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being matrixed to multiple business leaders/projects at the same time
- Impeccable written communication skills that cross-over multiple channels with the ability to adjust to each, such as corporate or marketing communications, customer experience/service or journalism
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while working to achieve shared organizational goals
- Adept at identifying opportunities for process improvement and pattern recognition resulting in a quick response to rally the right people to act on trends
- A quick learner, able to work independently and collaboratively
- Able to handle multiple work streams with excellent time management and organization skills
What We Offer
A collaborative working environment comprised of driven and highly-engaged individuals committed to the mission, vision and values of CRF. CRF is proud to extend its employees a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Health and dental insurance
- 403B and Roth IRA
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options
- 8 Federal Holidays plus 2 Floating Holidays
CRF USA, Inc. requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. As a condition of hire with CRF USA, Inc. candidates must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to an extension of an offer of employment. Accommodations will be considered for disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Please send resumes and cover letters to recruiting@CRFUSA.com
Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to underserved small businesses across the country while creating growth and development within said communities. Our primary mission is to provide capital and support services in low- and moderate-income communities to individuals who have historically had unequal access to financial services. Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
CRF is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran statues, or disability status.