Entrepreneurs can receive a grant of up to $5,000 through the Pathway to Success Small Business Grant Program
We’re looking for Twin Cities-based small businesses that are making a lasting impact on their employees, customers, and neighbors.
Minneapolis, MN – (July 31, 2017) Twin Cities entrepreneurs have an opportunity to win one of three grants (one $5,000 grant and two $2,500 grants) for their small business by applying through the Pathway to Success Small Business Grant Program sponsored by the Pathway to Success Small Business Collaborative. The funds for the program were made possible by the Wells Fargo Foundation.
A panel of three judges, all economic development practitioners, will be selecting the final grantees.
- To be eligible, a business must be a for-profit small business located within the city limits of Saint Paul or Minneapolis that has been in continuous operation selling a product or service for no less than one year and has an annual revenue of less than $200,000.
- Small business owners can fill out a simple form online or download the grant application and submit the completed application to email@example.com, by August 31, 2017, 11:59 pm Central time.
- The evaluation period is September 1 to October 22, 2017.
- Grantees will be announced on October 23, 2017, and will be notified by the contact information provided within the application.
- Grantees will be invited to attend an event hosted by the Pathway to Success Collaborative in late 2017.
Selection of Grantees
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- A clear, compelling, and engaging business story
- The ability and focus of the business to create positive community impact
- A strategic use of grant proceeds
About Pathway to Success Small Business Collaborative
The Pathway to Success Small Business Collaborative is made up of Wells Fargo, Saint Paul NAACP, and Connect2Capital with non-financial support provided by the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Its mission is to support small business owners and connect them with organizations, systems, and processes that support small business development. The collaborative operates on the belief that sound information and development services are vital to business sustainability.
Connect2Capital is an online small business lending platform, powered by Community Reinvestment Fund, USA. Connect2Capital was developed in response to the rapid growth of online lenders who offer quick and easy access to high-interest rate, short-term loans that are typically paid back by deducting a fixed amount or a percentage of sales directly from the borrower’s bank account until the funds, fees, and interest are repaid. Connect2Capital provides small business loans ranging from $50,000 – $4 million. For more information, visit www.connect2capital.com.